- Reliable, efficient IT support
- Phone, Remote & On-site Support
- Support Desk – A real person will take your call
- Regular Onsite Maintenance
- Remote Monitoring of Key Systems
- Fixed Monthly Cost
- Digital Classroom Control
- Easily manage diverse digital learning environments
- A suite of digital tools in your classroom
- We will help you maximise results & minimise spend
- Monitor student progress in real time
- Integrated Digital Screens
• Partnerships with all main brands
• The right brands at the right price
• First class product knowledge
• Education partnerships with major brands
• Fast installations
• Apple Certified Professionals
• Apple Education Specialists
• Apple Education Partner
• Apple Classroom Networking
In 2018 the Department of Education and skills set out a digital strategy for Schools.
The Strategy sets out a plan to embed the use of Digital Technologies in teaching, learning and assessment through an ambitious programme of work for the period 2015 – 2020 across a number of headings:
- Theme 1: Teaching, Learning and Assessment Using ICT
- Theme 2: Teacher Professional Learning
- Theme 3: Leadership, Research and Policy
- Theme 4: ICT Infrastructure
ITM Tech was approached by a Secondary school who wanted to embrace this new Digital Strategy and introduce a 1-1 programme and Shared iPad programme for the beginning of the 2019-2020 year.
Their primary challenges were:
- Current Wi-fi solution provided only partial coverage on the student network and wasn’t delivery a good enough service.
- All projectors were hardwired in each classroom and teachers could only provide static presentations from their devices.
- Existing class sets of iPads were unmanaged.
- Concerned how their existing broadband could cope with the extra traffic.
First part of the process for the school was to review and audit their existing infrastructure and they engaged ITM Tech to carry this out. ITM Tech did a detailed room by room report with recommendations to allow each classroom support their future Learning requirements.
To address these challenges, ITM Tech commissioned and installed:
- An Enterprise grade Wi-Fi solution.
- Upgraded outdated routers to allow students coverage in all rooms delivering maximum bandwidth and allow Teachers to provide fully interactive learning experience.
- Install caching server to limit the bandwidth required for App downloads for IOS devices.
- Installed Apple TV’s on all projectors and TV’s, this gives Teachers instant access from their hand held IOS devices and laptops with no fiddling about with cables and adapters.
- Commission a JAMF MDM /Apple School manager solution to manage all Class set IOS devices and allow self-service App install without the need to add Apple ID’s. Push out new requests for Applications to devices within minutes of receiving the request from teaching staff.
Combined, the upgraded network, Wi-Fi infrastructure and a fully managed MDM solution enabled the School to:
- Implement their Digital Plan as outlined by the Department of Education.
- Develop an interactive and blended learning environment that has significant benefit for every student.
- Provide a fully managed and secure set of devices to all Students.